Adopted items

You are here: Home  > Adopted items

  • Item thumbnail

    Cellar of Milavida

    Not many people know that in the Näsinpuisto Park, at the north end of Street Näsilinnankatu, there has been a gorgeous wooden villa called Milavida. The villa was built in 1860 by Finlayson cotton factory’s manager, William von Nottbeck. In 1905 the villa ended up in the ownership of City of Tampere. It was rented […]

  • Item thumbnail

    Kiosk at Annikinkatu

    Kiosk at Annikinkatu, also known as the Annikki stone kiosk, was built in the early 1920s, probably in year 1920. Tiny, quadrangular kiosk is built from natural stone blocks. The shutter is on the south side and a door on the west side. Hipped roof is red painted seam metal. Kiosk began operating in the […]

  • Item thumbnail

    Phone Booth in Lappi-Käpylä

    The beautifully ornate telephone booth in Lappi-Käpylä Central Park is apparently the original phone booth of the area, placed there in the end of 1920s. However, the booth was most likely previously located at a slightly different place, on the west side of the park. The first houses in Lappi-Käpylä residential area were built in […]

  • Item thumbnail

    Osmonpuisto Music Stage

    Park concerts were cheap fun for everybody in the early 20th century. Tampere’s City Council had a music committee, whose tasks included, inter alia, designing a summer music program for parks. In 1929, at the initiative of the music committee, City Council granted funds to build “a music pavilion” in to the Osmonpuisto Park. The […]

  • Item thumbnail

    Nuijanniemi Lapp Cairn

    The Lapp cairn in Nuijanniemi is located on the eastern shore of Tarjannevesi lake in the parish of Pohjaslahti (former Vilppula). The cairn was built on the mouth of the Nuijansalmi strait, which was once an important transport route. The cairn is today fairly oval in shape, measuring about 3 by 5 m and about […]

  • Item thumbnail

    Messukylä Loan Granary

    The loan granary located near Messukylä’s medieval church was built in 1846 at the Senate’s orders. Its purpose was to guarantee supply of seed grain at all times. The ganary was filled with seed grain by its shareholder houses and the amount deposited was determined according to their extent of arable land area. The first […]