The site is an Iron Age cemetery where about a dozen mound-like cairns survive. One of the cairns was excavated in 1984–1985 by the University of Turku. Finds from the cemetery were first preserved in 1881, when a sword and a spearhead were discovered on the site. Today a business and swimming pool complex stands where the finds were made. The finds indicate that there have been both a prehistorical cemetery and a historical settlement at the site. The goal of maintenance is to restore the appearance of a meadow in the area which is currently overgrown with weeds.